ALEXI FREEMAN - Fashion Dress in The Present
News Update
Loading...

ALEXI FREEMAN




Located above a small gallery in what seems to be a dodgy neighbourhood (at least for me) in Collingwood, Alexi Freeman's studio is decked out in racks, bookshelves and a large wooden work desk in the middle holding shoes made in collaboration with Preston Zly, as well as bright, chained jewellery. The Transeasonal 2013/2014 Python collection I was invited over to view hangs off a rack against a wall full of eye-catching necklaces and earrings.

Personally, I'm not a wearer of clothes that scream "look-at-me!" but I have to admit that the neon bright shades are ideal for bringing a little joy into your wardrobe in dull weather, and even more appropriate for standing out during Spring/Summer. The Python collection is certainly for the woman who wants to stand out, but it also offers a medium for the more tame - with plain leather jackets, black python-printed shirts and monochromatic dresses - of which can still easily be paired with an item from the neon family to act as a statement.

The attention to detail throughout the collection is the main thing to take notice of - with chain-mesh details on neon fringe jackets and a well-thought out selection of diamond python print finding itself on most things. And, while I did enjoy the feel of the fine mesh incorporated into dress sleeves, one piece I actually would love to try is the neon yellow leather skirt, which I'd first sighted in the lookbook - unfortunately though my photos didn't do it justice so you can view it on the website here, along with the rest of the collection.

If this is the kind of assortment that catches your eye, and you're in Melbourne, make sure to check it out at Melbourne Spring Fashion Week in a few weeks time or, alternatively, you can view it via the lookbook, as well as in the flesh through stockists or at the studio via appointment.

Share with your friends

Give us your opinion
Notification
welcome to my blog hopefully my content can be useful for you.
Done
Education, loan Education, loan