The T-Shirt Dress - Fashion Dress in The Present
News Update
Loading...

The T-Shirt Dress

 photo Seedv2a_zpsa6f54684.jpg
 photo SeedV2b_zps76612392.jpg
 photo Seedv2c_zps80faa3e6.jpg
 photo Seedv2d_zps379caec4.jpg
 photo Seedv2f_zps3ee04543.jpg
 photo Seedv2e_zps38c01027.jpg
 photo Seedv2shoe_zps6cf19174.jpg
Seed Heritage vest and t-shirt dress, Witchery Maddie Booties

The t-shirt dress is something that on a hot day I can easily live in, so I have a few on hand in stripe, black or blue just to make sure I have my bases covered. Paired with sandals on a 38 degree day, this is an outfit in itself. However, as I like to wear my clothes rather than leave them to sulk in a dark cupboard alone, the t-shirt dress becomes a great trans-seasonal piece. Easy to wear (yes, it'll hide a full stomach after lunch), comfortable in cotton or jersey, this style of dress can be accessorised in a heap of different ways, or left plain and simple. Here I chose to dress it up with the oversized waistcoat, a loose layer, and a good pair of ankle boots. Throwing on a blazer or some semi structured jacket to such a loose dress instantly saves it from looking a little like pyjamas.

There is really nothing I like more than finding good quality pieces that can be worn in multiple ways throughout the year. I have found a heap of vests/ waistcoats and linked them below, the closest one to mine is probably the Sportsgirl one, but an alternate DIY job would be to buy a blazer at the op shop and hack off the sleeves.
My advice is, while we are experiencing mixed weather, don't put away all of your summer gear just yet, look at how you can make it work with the addition of a simple vest or light jacket until we completely need to dress warm in wool and leather.

T-Shirt Dresses
Luxe: Clu, T by Alexander Wang, LemLem,
Less: ASOS, Finders Keepers, , ASOS

Vests
Luxe: By Malene Birger, DKNY x Opening Ceremony, Veronika MaineSeed Heritage
Less: Selected, Esprit, Wish, Sportsgirl

Photos by Mario Recchia
xx Jenelle

Share with your friends

Give us your opinion
Notification
welcome to my blog hopefully my content can be useful for you.
Done
Education, loan Education, loan