Cindy Joseph on pro-ageing - Fashion Dress in The Present
News Update
Loading...

Cindy Joseph on pro-ageing



As part of the conversation on Ageless Beauty at the Estée Lauder Media Forum, I mentioned the negative connotations surrounding the term 'anti-ageng' and the fact that this way of thinking feels outmoded and should be challenged, and this phrase should definitely be changed. A brief discussion followed but we couldn't really come up with a suitable alternative - I was still reeling from the 'Having Botox is just like buying a new iPhone' conversation. Then the other day I came across a great interview with the model Cindy Joseph on Refinery 29. It's from 2013, so you may have seen it already but as I've been researching The Book, this subject has been on my mind. A lot. And I like what she says:

'We all grow up in an anti-age society. Ageing is considered a negative experience. As I am finding, you get better as time goes by. You become more self-aware, more skilled, educated, discerning. Life continues to be an adventure. It's time to switch our anti-ageing to pro-age.'


'There is a new kind of beauty in every age...from your 40s, 50s, 60s and beyond. Ageing is just another word for living.'


I'm all for pro-age. Aren't you?

And the winner of the copy of Your Hormone Doctor (pulled out of a hat by Mr That's Not My Age) is Val Sparkle. Val, please could you email me your address and I will ask the PR to send it to you. Thanks.




Share with your friends

Give us your opinion
Notification
welcome to my blog hopefully my content can be useful for you.
Done
Education, loan Education, loan