DIY Inspiration Board - Fashion Dress in The Present
News Update
Loading...

DIY Inspiration Board

Hey peeps! It's only Tuesday and already I am SO enjoying home office week on The Elgin Avenue! 

Today I'm sharing a SUPER easy and effective DIY to personalise your home office space. One of the points which keeps coming up in my discussions with friends and readers, is that our working spaces need to INSPIRE us. Pinterest and the digital sphere can go a long way in aiding this, but nothing beats an old fashioned inspiration board; one which you can look up to when working at your computer, gain a little encouragement and flair from, and one which you can change up as often as you like. 

Read on for my simple steps to developing your own DIY inspiration board . . . 


Instructions: 

- Remove the glass from your frame. Mine was an old mirror which broke in our move - at the time I was devastated (7 years bad luck?!) but I am so glad I kept hold of it to create something new. 
- Lay down newspaper in a well ventilated area, and place your frame on top. 
- If you do NOT wish to spray your frame as well as the backing board, then either remove the back to spray separately or cover the frame with masking tape. 
- Shake your spray can and cover the entirety of your pinning area. 
- Leave to dry - mine took about 15 minutes. 

- Take stacks of magazines, postcards and trinkets and develop a pile of inspirational items you wish to pin to your board. You can, rip or cut images from magazines - I like a mix of textures so chose to do both. 
- Arrange your images and items when your inspiration board is flat. Play around with the composition.
- When you've decided on your arrangement use drawing pins to fix in place. 

- Hang your inspiration board with PRIDE!


A note on how to curate your inspiration board: this is YOUR space to feel inspired - get creative with whatever charges YOU. I chose to include images which are inspiring me right now; including editorials, Liberty print postcards and items which I've saved over the years. One of the magazine cut outs is one which Oli has had since before we were together, I always remember it being tacked to his bedroom door when we were first dating, it makes me so happy to see it now in our shared home. The beauty of an inspirational pin-style board is that is can be changed constantly, and I'd recommend you do - it keeps creativity fresh. I've used post its to add notes to some of the images, it's my way of keeping track of my thoughts and inspirations. 

Where to buy the perfect Inspiration Board frame: charity shops, car boot sales and markets are always great places to find old frames. I bought mine at a car boot sale (in its mirror state) a couple of years ago. Other than that Etsy has some awesome second hand and new options, I found this one - but hurry its the ONLY one, this one from IKEA is a little smaller than mine - at 40x50 cm - but would be a great one to customise. 

So there you have it my lovelies! The easiest DIY Inspiration Board EVER. Will you be trying this DIY out? It is ace for a weekend project, or a relaxed afternoon. And the great thing is you can curate your inspiration images ALL the time, begin collecting now and you'll have a constant flow. 

I would LOVE to hear what you think. Drop me a line below.

Have a super day all!

Love, 

MB x

Share with your friends

Give us your opinion
Notification
welcome to my blog hopefully my content can be useful for you.
Done
Education, loan Education, loan