Style Inspiration: Tonne Goodman - Fashion Dress in The Present
News Update
Loading...

Style Inspiration: Tonne Goodman


The latest issue of Industrie magazine has a lovely interview with American Vogue's fashion director Tonne Goodman. I've long been a fan of of her simple, elegant style; a reliable uniform of white jeans or pants, a roll neck sweater or a simple mannish shirt. Anna Sui is doing the interviewing and the pair discuss Goodman's career and the early days when she was Diana Vreeland's right-hand woman at the Met Museum, Sui asks what she wore back then:

 'I was dressing like I dress now. I was dressing in pants and a shirt.'

And goes on to ask the 62-year-old if she's ever tempted to go for a more attention-grabbing, Anna Dello Russo-style outfit, at the shows:

'To be honest, any time I travel, my outft doesn't change; it's always a few pairs of white jeans and black turtlenecks. That's about it. It's always been the same. I've always packed a carry-on case. If you have a uniform, it's very easy and you don't have to think about it.' 

Photo: jeanstories


Even better: the shirt and sparkly skirt combo. Photo: the Guardian





Shame the photos by Inez & Vinoodh are so airbrushed...

What's your uniform?





Share with your friends

Give us your opinion
Notification
welcome to my blog hopefully my content can be useful for you.
Done
Education, loan Education, loan