Style Inspiration: Corduroy - Fashion Dress in The Present
News Update
Loading...

Style Inspiration: Corduroy



I'm in a total back to work tizzy this week. The summer holiday over, autumn term at university has just karate chopped me in the kidneys. A new department too. And having spent all summer writing The Book, I have a ton of work to do. Is that the sound of the world's smallest violin playing in the background? Or it could be the squeal of an urban fox, we get a few of those around these parts. Anyhow. I'm cooing over corduroy, again. Absolutely loved this Margaret Howell trench coat (above) when I saw it on the catwalk earlier this year and it feels just right for now. There's something quite cosy and comforting about this tactile fabric. The Charlotte Gainsborough X Current Elliott trench isn't any cheaper but it is oh-so chic and oversized. Cord trench, £1050, available HERE.


Obligatory photo of Charlotte in a boyfriend shirt:


Then there's the Charlotte Gainsbororugh X Current Elliot mid-rise straight leg red cord jean, £275, available HERE. As a teenager, I had a pair of red cords I thought they were a bit punk rock...



Could be good with the Toga Pulla buckle boots, non? Suede boots, £325, available HERE.


On a more purse-friendly note, J Crew's regular toothpick cords come in a range of colours and are reduced to £38, available HERE.




Or how about some kilt action from Boden? Jumbo Cord Kilt, £49, available HERE.



Also available in navy HERE. This would look lovely with a black cashmere roll neck.




As would a chic pair of navy cord jeans from Paige. Mid-rise skinny cord jeans, £190, available HERE.



Then there's the soft cord tunic top from Toast in darkest navy, £95, available HERE. Double cord anyone?



And the cinnamon soft cord shirt dress, £115, available HERE.




But I guess what I really need is an old-school academic jacket with leather elbow patches.

Onwards and sideways.




Share with your friends

Give us your opinion
Notification
welcome to my blog hopefully my content can be useful for you.
Done
Education, loan Education, loan