Evening Smokey Eyes | Bobbi Brown - Fashion Dress in The Present
News Update
Loading...

Evening Smokey Eyes | Bobbi Brown


Hey superstars! Today is the second instalment of my partnership with Bobbi Brown. Do you recall last week's look? This time I'm amping up the smokey eye makeup for cocktail hour, using Bobbi Brown's new Smokey Nudes collection. Even the NAME sounds smouldering!

I'm using exactly the same kit - it's a range that keeps. on. giving.

I have had the Bobbi Brown Smokey Nudes collection eyeshadow palette for a couple of weeks now and I have used it near-daily. Even with the fairest of colours the pigment is excellent, and I've loved playing with the deeper hues for my evening makeup look. 
Read on for the smokey eye tweaks which will take your makeup from daytime, to cocktail hour fox . . .

How to Create the Perfect Evening Smokey Eye

The Kit

The Method

1 - Neutral base colour. Sweep over whole lid. I used a taupe, and took it to just below the brow. 

2 - Minky depth. Use complimentary darker shades to build up colour from the outer corner of the lid to mid-way.  Dab a shimmery shade on the very centre of you lid to make your eyes appear rounder and more doll-like. Light bounces off the centre illuminating your peepers. 

3 - Smoulder. Use a deep colour to work into the very outer corner of the eye. Draw the shape outwards into a cats-eye point. Work your eyeshadow brush over and over to fully blend. Take the darkest colour along the lower lash line also, and again, blend

4 - Eyeliner. Foxy. Draw along the upper lash line, ending in a cats-eye flick at the outer corner. Take the liner along the bottom lash line too, and use the smudge tip on the Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Kajal Liner to blend both top and bottom. (Do you detect a theme?!) Stop short of the very inner corner as this is where you will dab a little shimmer to finish!

5 - Mascara. XXL! Work Bobbi Brown's Smokey Eye Mascara from root to tip. I use at least three coats, for both top and bottom lashes. For an evening look, I occasionally use individual false lashes too. 

6 - Highlight. Use finger to lightly pick up shimmer from the Shimmer Brick Compact. Apply to cheek bones, bridge of nose, cupids bow and eyebrow arch. For the ultimate sultry look, use a little shimmer in the inner corner of the eye, and watch the whole look pop!

7 - Finalise the look with a nude lipstick. Add a balm initially for plump moisturised lips; and use your finger to apply lipstick for a natural, kissable, mouth. 
Jumpsuit: Kardashion Kollection for Lipsy | Blazer: Comptoir Des Cotonniers | Heels: Next | Clutch: Karen Millen 
I have loved getting to know the Bobbi Brown smokey nudes collection over the past couple of weeks. Via experimentation, and a few handy tips along the way, I’ve learnt what kind of a smokey eye suits me. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is what I love about Bobbi Brown and the brand's ethos - you look like YOU but better! With this in mind I would advise spending some time playing with your makeup, and discovering what type of smokey eye works for you. Bobbi Brown offer an in-store consultation and ingeniously you can book appointments via the Bobbi Brown app - Ask Bobbi - as well as getting to grips with easy how-tos on the go. It's my new favourite distraction!
Day time and evening smokey eyes sorted! NO excuses not to totally SMOULDER this season ladies! Are you as obsessed with the smokey eye look as me? I would love to hear any tips, tricks or stories you have of your own journey with makeup. Seriously, who doesn't adore good girl talk?!

Have an awesome day all!

Love, 

MB x

Thank you to Bobbi Brown for sponsoring this post, and to you The Elgin Avenue's awesome readers for supporting and engaging with our partners. You rock!

Share with your friends

Give us your opinion
Notification
welcome to my blog hopefully my content can be useful for you.
Done
Education, loan Education, loan