Trench Coats - Fashion Dress in The Present
News Update
Loading...

Trench Coats


Hey bellissimas! Here's to Monday! This post is entirely driven by circumstance as I am currently working to the soundtrack of the pouring rain. You know the kind which makes it nigh on impossible to wake up/leave the house/not wear Ugg boots?! Upside to dreary weather? A valid excuse to hunt down the very best trench coats available now. 

Images via: 1 | 23 | 4 | 




Read on for styling notes, and a word on that time I met Burberry's creative director, Christopher Bailey . . . 

A couple of years ago I listened to Burberry's creative director Christopher Bailey talk at The Vogue Festival. He turned my opinion of the British weather upside down when he admitted to in fact loving the moody, unpredictable, often rainy British climes. He said not only was his business driven by the weather - yes we're looking at you Burberry trench coat - but that the drama of the weather was a consistent source of inspiration for him and his design team. Well, if the rain means an excuse to purchase a new trench coat, then I'll be damned if I miss out on that one.  I've got my eye on this contrast trim number. 
Notes on Styling: there are times when a trench is used to accessorise an outfit - worn loose, unbuttoned and ever so chicly slung on - and others when its protective kudos is called upon. For the occasions when we can wear a trench loosely, I like to gently knot the belt at the back. I'll wear mine over something slinky, be that a paper-thin jumper and skinny jeans, or if you have the legs for it - hi Jessica Stein - a shorter hemline and booties. On the other occasions, like today in the UK, when its weatherproof qualities are where it's at, it's a question of knotting around the waist, teaming it with a great hat, scarf and gloves, and generally getting SNUG. 
I have a really exciting post coming up next week for you guys with some fab new wellington boots - so expect the rain chat to continue.  

How are you fairing in the trans-seasonal climes? Do you have a good weatherproof coat option already, or are you looking to invest in a trench coat like me? Let me know how you'd style yours up below!

Here's to a cosy, not-so-continuously-rainy-please, week all!

Love, 

MB x 

Share with your friends

Give us your opinion
Notification
welcome to my blog hopefully my content can be useful for you.
Done
Education, loan Education, loan