A quick getaway to Antwerp - Fashion Dress in The Present
News Update
Loading...

A quick getaway to Antwerp


As well as recharging the brain cells and developing a tea light-monitoring obsession, I managed a quick getaway between Christmas and New Year. Me and Mr That's Not My Age went on what the travel industry likes to call a 'Twixmas Break' to Antwerp. I've visited the Belgian city once before, for a fashion show, but didn't have the time to explore. So it was lovely to go back for a few days. Architecturally, Antwerp reminds me of a cross between Paris and Amsterdam  - with a bit of a Berlin hipster vibe. A wonderful mix of old and new. And of course, home to designers like Ann Demeulemeester, Dries Van Noten and Walter Van Beirendonck, the city is a European fashion capital in its own right. We spent a fair amount of time dodging the icy blast off the North Sea in very chic cafés...


And lovely museums: MAS is the museum of the city of Antwerp which has a viewing platform on the roof, MoMu is part of the fashion institute and, my personal favourite, Plantin-Moretus which chronicles the history of printing and contains the oldest surviving printing presses in the world - over 400-years-old and still working.

Museum aan de Stroom (MAS)
Raf Simons for Dior at MoMu
Museum Plantin-Moretus

I was going to call this post 'It's hard being a vegetarian in Belgium' but there's always beer, frites and seasonal patisserie:


And as promised here's my Olga Chernysheva-inspired Belfie.



Hope you've had a lovely break, and Happy New Year!


Share with your friends

Give us your opinion
Notification
welcome to my blog hopefully my content can be useful for you.
Done
Education, loan Education, loan