The Good Housekeeping Best Dress List - Fashion Dress in The Present
News Update
Loading...

The Good Housekeeping Best Dress List


That's me in Good Housekeeping magazine. Must tell my mum. About 10 years ago, I was fashion editor of the magazine but left (after seven years) to go freelance. All of my colleagues from that time have moved on, so I have no Good Housekeeping ties and it was strange to receive an email from the current fashion editor asking if I'd like to be involved in the magazine's 'Best Dress' shoot for April issue. My stint on the magazine was before the internet went pop, and I can distinctly remember the switch from having models on the cover to celebrities. I can also remember the editor suggesting one day that we should do a photo shoot where the fashion editor wore the clothes. At the time I was mortified, but now when you look at what's happened with blogging and street style photography and fashion editors as style icons, I think she was ahead of the game.


The Best Dress List also features fellow bloggers Jane and Amanda from The Women's Room and Catherine from Not Dressed As Lamb. And I'm wearing a Winser London shirtdress over a pair of my old Levi's.

Let's talk about flares another day...


Share with your friends

Give us your opinion
Notification
welcome to my blog hopefully my content can be useful for you.
Done
Education, loan Education, loan