Groovin The Moo 2015 - Fashion Dress in The Present
News Update
Loading...

Groovin The Moo 2015

Photo Credit: @thisisradelaide

Groovin The Moo had a overwhelming sense of comradery as all who attended stormed the muddy trenches of the Oakbank based event on the all to relative Anzac Day (I can say this, I'm the daughter of a Vet). Distasteful jokes aside, the day was one to be remembered, like the #GroovinTheMud hashtag gaining traction as fast as we were sinking into the never ending wasteland of mud, only finding solice on a stable discarded beer can before stumbling and praying to the many gods not to join the fate of others who had gone down in the fight against tomorrow's dirty washing.

Other than the already discussed mud-issue, the event itself was euphoric. Whether this was caused by the amazing line-up and performances, or the over-consumption of $11 Double Blacks and other substances, I'll never know - and nor do I want to find out.

We all had our lineups printed out, written down and inputed into our alarms, how did yours fair against mine? 

The car ride to Oakbank was a riot in itself, once we had laughed so hard we nearly reached the same fate of the girls wearing crop tops and shorts squatting on the side of the road to deal with their business in an oh-so ladylike manner, it was time for what was the choatic spectacle of enjoyment at GTM Oakbank 2015.

Here are my favourites:

STICKY FINGERS
Of course. One act I was determined I wasn't going to miss, I ditched the search of pre-organised meetings with friends and ventured through the crowds to find a spot to watch the band on my own. And it was worth it, chilled tunes and crowd surfing made the start of my time at GTM a great one. Don't forget the name.
Photo Credit: @thisisradelaide

New to Stickies? My favourites are:


SAN CISCO
I missed my chance to see San Cisco last time they toured AUS, and they were worth the wait, even if I could barely hear them over my off tune recital of their lyrics. It amazed me the quality of their performance and how much similar they sounded to their albums. I went off when they played 'Too Much Time Together' from their latest album "Gracetown", which I highly recommend to have a good listen to. Seriously good band.
Lucky for us, San Cisco has also just announced that they are adding an Adelaide show to their Aus Gracetown tour, tickets at $40. Who's coming with me?


NOTABLE MENTIONS

Tkay Maidza
This girl can do no wrong, I remember seeing her in one of her earliest public performances in 2010, and the crowd still loves her all the same.


Hot Dub Time Machine
As I've never been to a Hot Dub event, all I had heard was 1. It was good and 2. It played old music. I felt like if I wanted to listen to The Backstreet Boys I would head out to VIVA on a Friday night with my Mum. I did not expect the amazing mixes and heavy ACDC plays that topped off the night for me and seriously made me rethink what I once knew and jump to the next opportunity to see the event live again.


I didn't have any opportunities to take a shot of my outfit for the event, as in the morning I was too busy drinking myself into a comfortable tipsyness before leaving, and the mud scared my inner soul to ever let someone handle my phone on which could turn into another ruined iPhone for 2015, but to summarise I wore: 

Kitti Sunglasses by Quay Australia
Chrome Tank by The Fitfh Label
Jacket by Jay Jays
High Licks by Lee Jeans

All up it was a day to remember, we laughed over friends having to be pulled from the mud by security guards and danced with our hands in the air to our favourite bands and tracks for a solid day out in the fresh country air.

What was your favourite part of Groovin The Moo 2015?

Share with your friends

Give us your opinion
Notification
welcome to my blog hopefully my content can be useful for you.
Done
Education, loan Education, loan