H&M Conscious Exclusive x Musée des Arts Décoratifs - Fashion Dress in The Present
News Update
Loading...

H&M Conscious Exclusive x Musée des Arts Décoratifs



Happy Wednesday everyone !

First and foremost, I quickly wanted to thank everyone for your understanding of my need to go offline for a bit, following the tragedy that fell down on Paris almost two weeks ago. The City of Lights is definitely one that is close to my heart in the sense that, it is home to so many relationships and institutions I cherish deeply in my heart. Today, I am happy to come back and put those terrible events behind me, as those who have perpetrated such terrible acts will not have won this fight, nor this war. Their efforts to spread fear will be in vain and peace, love & kindness will reign over us…

In more exciting Parisian updates, Swedish fast-fashion retailer H&M has teamed up with the Musée des Arts Décoratifs in the Palais du Louvre in Paris for it's latest Conscious Exclusive line that will hit the stores worldwide on April 7th, 2016, to coincide with the opening of the upcoming exhibition 'Fashion Forward: Three centuries of Fashion exhibition' at the museum ! It’s been said countless times, there doesn’t have to be a contradiction between loving beautiful Fashion and living a sustainable life. I believe it is all in those little things that can be done daily and ever since I started living on my own, I have made more of an effort to live clean & eco friendly. It is, indeed, sort of an odd thing to say for someone living off such a materialistic industry, I'll give you that, but one doesn't have to exclude the other. Take Conscious Exclusive, for instance; it is H&M’s greenest and most glamorous collection of the year on top of being ethical and responsible.

And this year, to add an extra layer of French chic, H&M has teamed up with Parisian art director, style maven and sustainability champion Julia Restoin Roitfeld, who will be the face for the campaign.

"I am honoured to be the ambassador of such a unique project. I think that the idea of creating a collection inspired by the history of art and fashion is brilliant. Especially since it is made with innovative, sustainable materials, which are the future of Fashion", she says.

Although the drop is months away, I can already share with you that the H&M design team has taken inspiration from the museum’s archives and artists such as Gustave Moreau (the French Symbolist painter) to create an innovative sustainable collection. Certain pieces in the collection will be decorated using beads and rhinestones made from recycled glass, others will be crafted from Denimite, a material made from recycled worn-out denim. The outcome is a glamorous line of modern red carpet and statement pieces infused with a nostalgic touch, and will set the tone for contemporary styles imbued with a sophisticated charm; a general aesthetic for the Spring of 2016 I noticed stood out from the presentations I attended during Fashion month, a little while ago.



Pictures courtesy of H&M 



Share with your friends

Give us your opinion
Notification
welcome to my blog hopefully my content can be useful for you.
Done
Education, loan Education, loan