5 Things Career Girls Do to Beat The Monday Blues - Fashion Dress in The Present
News Update
Loading...

5 Things Career Girls Do to Beat The Monday Blues



Happy happy Monday !

Not our favourite day of the week, I know. Weekend is over and it's time to go back to the daily grind… Still, I've managed to learn how to embrace the return to work/school and make the most of it by following these five easy steps into making my Mondays feel more fabulous. Because, let's face it, we are all more fabulous than this ;) As these are assured to make your Monday blues go away in a snap, feel free to top these off with any personal favourite of yours and share away in the comment box below so we can ALL take advantage of more tips and tricks on surviving Mondays!

1) WAKING UP EARLY TO AVOID MORNING RUSH


I am not a morning person therefore, I absolutely hate being rushed (or talked to for that matter, but that's another topics!) when I wake up. A good way to make sure I'm never gonna have one of those stressful Monday mornings is to wake up early enough to make time for all the things I like/need to do before work. It gives me time to lie in bed for a couple of minutes, scroll through social media, read the newspaper, have a decent breakfast and my two daily cuppa's, squeeze in a quick workout sesh., shower, do my hair and makeup, get dressed and head out right in time to catch my bus.


2) POWER-DRESSING TO FEEL AMAZING THROUGH THE DAY


When it comes to getting dressed, I believe in dressing for success (or really, for what ever you want to achieve in life!). Recent studies have shown that power-dressing can not only change the way others see you but also, the way you see yourself. For example, there's nothing I find more empowering than sporting a classic pair of Stuart Weitzman Nudist's, a soft-tone tailored pantsuit and my Louis Vuitton 'Neverfull' tote; it's my go-to job interview outfit. A skater skirt, tucked-in lousy shirt and nice ballet flats make me feel feminine, playful yet, professional. I add-on instant drama to my "tenue du jour" with lace-up booties, leather pants and an oversized cape whenever I want to make a statement (or want to ask for a raise!). Colours are important too in power-dressing: blue is trustworthy, black communicates, yellow makes you happy, tartan is conservative, tweed is warm and welcoming and red is… Well, powerful ;)


3) LUNCHING ON YOUR FAVOURITE'S


It's no secret that my whole life basically revolves around food; this actually seems to be pretty trendy these days for girls. I go to sleep at night thinking about what I'll have for breakfast. When I eat in the morning, I'm getting myself all worked up about what I'll have for lunch and when it finally time to go out to eat mid-day, I make plans for dinner ahead of time. To me food is an instant mood lifter and whenever I have a fully-packed day ahead of me and don't feel like getting on with it, I reward myself with my have eats. Lately, I have been obsessing over Salmon poke and tuna sashimi so I found this amazing spot not to far from my work where I drag myself for lunch once a week to splurge on my fave dish and get myself going for the second part of the day.


4) EXERCISING TO RELEASE ENDORPHINS


Whenever I run out of time to exercise in the morning, which is always(!), I always make sure I get my daily dose of physical activity after work. I love playing tennis so I spread my private and semi-private lessons trough the week, once every two days, and meet up with other members of my club for friendly sets every other day. It really is nothing much, an hour a day and I feel energized on top of remaining healthy and active. If you aren't to fond of regular gyms, I recommend finding physical activities, classes or sports teams you'd like to join a couple of days a week and simply make that a routine to follow every week.


5) TREATING YOURSELF AS A REWARD!


A great way to end a long and busy day is to treat yourself with something that makes you feel great inside. It doesn't have to be anything huge really, but just a little something to end the day on a good note. This is especially true if you've had a bad day or if you're feeling under the weather; peace and comfort is key! I personally love spas; I would spend every minute of every hour of every day in a spa if I could ;) Every week, I like to reserve my Monday evenings for some well-deserved ME-time, getting a massage or enjoying a nice hour-long floating session at Éveil des Sens, Spa Urbain. It is the best to feel invigorated and ready to take the week head on.



Share with your friends

Give us your opinion
Notification
welcome to my blog hopefully my content can be useful for you.
Done
Education, loan Education, loan