10 Ways To Personalise Your Work Space - Fashion Dress in The Present
News Update
Loading...

10 Ways To Personalise Your Work Space


Oh heyyy weekend! 

Today is the final instalment of this week's work from home special! It has been SO much fun! We are tying up all loose ends with a comprehensive look at my complete home office plus tips for personalising YOUR work space. All of today's tips can be used at home or within a traditional work environment - so don't worry if you don't have an at home office (yet!)!

Let's get the ball rollin'! Here's my 10 Ways to Personalise Your Work Space:
  1. Fresh flowers
  2. Fun stationary
  3. Colourful notebooks
  4. Inspiration board & books
  5. Motivational Poster
  6. Personalised mug
  7. Tasty, healthy snacks
  8. Trinkets dish
  9. Jewellery box turned stationary store
  10. Patterned Rug

    Read on for comprehensive notes and pics of my personalised work space . . . 


    1. Fresh Flowers - Bringing a beautiful, natural element to your office is a gentle reminder of the world outside. I find colour super inspiring so I love to have arrangements in bright seasonal hues - personal vases are a great addition to any desktop
    2. Fun Stationary - Developing a collection of fun pens, pencils and general stationary, is a great way to put your individual stamp on your office. It may be psychosomatic but I genuinely feel more excited about putting pen to paper when my stationary looks pretty. I picked up my favourites from the V&A gift shop, some unique pencils from the Vogue Festival and a cute lipstick pen I was given at a press day - you can buy one similar here
    3. Colourful Notebooks - I always carry a Moleskin notebook with me, they are smart and conveniently sized for handbags. In the past I have had black - perennially chic - but when I went full time with the blog I decided I would treat myself to bright red which made me feel even more enthused to jot down all of my ideas and notes. I constantly write lists and find them super useful for getting my work in order, and worries off of my mind before bed. 
    4. Inspiration Board & Books - The DIY inspiration board is one of my favourite things in my revamped home office. It is so nice to have a non-digital space to store inspiring images. When I come across a beautiful editorial or quote, I now have a dedicated space for it - and one which I can keep in my eye-line.  I also like to keep art and photography books near me; Oli introduced me to the stunning work of Ansel Adams and I recently picked up a 4 book collection of V&A prints. A quick flick through one of these books is enough to re-inspire me. 
    5. Motivational Poster - Sometimes all we need is a few good words to point us in the right direction. My DIY ‘Go With The Flow’ poster, helps me take a step back in times when I feel overwhelmed. You can use my super easy DIY instructions to make your own, or head to independent illustrator Jasmine Dowling, Etsy, or Urban Outfitters to buy one pre-made - I love this cute 'Bee Happy' poster
    6. Personalised Mug - My Dad was the first person to tell me that having your own mug in an office makes you feel more at home. If you work in a shared office environment, taking your own mug to work makes those tea and coffee breaks feel more personal; bonus - if you own a mug which you’ve been given by a loved one you’ll think of them every time you use it. My ‘M’ initial mug was given to me as a housewarming present from one of my best friends, every time I use it, it reminds me of her and the awesome weekend we shared when she gave it to me. Mine is from Anthropologie.
    7. Tasty, Healthy Snacks - Keeping HEALTHY snacks at hand is a great way to curve ‘bad food’ cravings. I like to have fresh fruit and nuts at hand. I prepare mine right at the beginning of the day; that way when hunger strikes at around 11 (the elevenses are TRUE!) I’m not even tempted to venture towards the fridge or shop for an unhealthy alternative. My aim is to basically never be REALLY hungry - that’s when I reach for starchy ‘filler’ food. 
    8. Trinkets Dish - One of the first things I do when I sit down to work at my computer, is take off my bracelets and watch as I find the clattering as I type SO uncomfortable! Instead of randomly discarding my trinkets, I keep a small vintage dish on my desk. The trinkets dish works similarly to a key hook - ensuring that hopefully (!) you’ll not lose track of important items. I use the dishes of some vintage tea sets I own but Anthropologie, Cath Kidston and Marks & Spencer also have some sweet options. 
    9. Jewellery Box Turned Stationary Store - Jewellery packaging is SUPER useful - use the base and lid upturned - they turn into pretty little containers! I use mine to hold small stationary items like paper clips and pins, a super stylish way to organise and up-cycle. 
    10. Patterned Rug - A multicoloured rug is an attractive addition to any office area, and provides warmth if you like to kick off your shoes - like me! I bought mine for £4 (!) from Tiger, but Urban Outfitters has the most A-mazing selection, as does Anthropologie - I'm in love with this one
    The important thing to remember with all of the above personalisations is that they can be used in ANY office environment - boss’s permission pending! A huge part of feeling ‘at home’ at work is making the environment personal to you; filling it with odds and bobs which mark your personality and stimulate you in your role. If you are ever feeling a little uninspired at work, see if making a few tweaks from the above list, and this week’s posts, can help you get your mojo on track. I’d love to know how you get on!
    The weekend is a great time to embark on DIYs and invest in new office ware; take the opportunity and make Monday a day to look forward to!

    I have really enjoyed this week’s dedicated topical posting, if you guys have suggestions on a item which you would like advice on - drop me a line! The Elgin Avenue is as much about YOU, so input is welcome with open arms. * demonstrates Italian Mama-esque embrace *

    Have a great weekend guys!

    Love, 

    MB x 

    Share with your friends

    Give us your opinion
    Notification
    welcome to my blog hopefully my content can be useful for you.
    Done
    Education, loan Education, loan