5 Ways To Start Your Day Well - Fashion Dress in The Present
News Update
Loading...

5 Ways To Start Your Day Well

Pic from my Instagram

The other day I got to thinking about what made my mornings tick. The routine that can get me out of bed and onto a 7.30am train (mostly) with a bounce in my step. Or make me feel inspired before sitting down for hours of desk time. Here are five, tried and tested, ways to begin your day with a smile. As the saying goes, start as you mean to continue . . . !

Go for a walk. Even if it's for ten minutes around the block, getting out into the fresh  air before heading to the office is a brilliant way of stimulating your body and mind. Recently, Oli and I have taken 15minutes or more outside every morning. It's amazing how much more HUMAN you feel for having some you time before work. 

Wait on the login. I try not to log into any technology for the first couple of hours of my day; that way when I start at my desk at 9 I feel fresh. If I have to check urgent e-mails, I flick over them and flag them for work time. And . . . 

Logout before bed. I read an article a while ago which said that looking at a computer or phone screen before bed stimulated your mind into thinking it way daytime - hence making it difficult to fall asleep. I always have a magazine or paper book beside the bed to read until my eyes get tired. At the moment I'm reading the third Bridget Jones - Mad About the Boy - ugh addictive! OH and I always write down a to-do list before sleep, that way I feel unburdened of any pressing issues as I know I can deal with them tomorrow

Have a hot towel waiting. This is such an old-lady tip, but I've found as the days are getting chilly that a warm towel makes getting in and out of the shower DREAMY. We don't have a radiator in our bathroom so I pop my towel in the drier for a few minutes, and love the feeling of it as I step out. I also got a beautiful new towel from Roos Beach Shop which makes me smile.  

Listen to your body. I used to get anxious if I left the house in a rush, grabbing a coffee and croissant on my journey to work and generally feeling sluggish, and well, crap. Now I make time for a balanced breakfast, a flick through the news, and a comfortable time frame to get ready in. If I have a particularly early morning I'll pack my bag, laptop case, and iron my clothes before bed too. 

I hope these tips help you kick start your days too lovely ones! Do you have any tips on how to get going with a smile? 

Here's to a great week!

Love, 

MB x

Share with your friends

Give us your opinion
Notification
welcome to my blog hopefully my content can be useful for you.
Done
Education, loan Education, loan