What Does Being a “Brand Ambassador” Really Do For You? - Fashion Dress in The Present
News Update
Loading...

What Does Being a “Brand Ambassador” Really Do For You?

Have you ever been approached to be a brand ambassador as a fashion blogger or digital influencer? Unsure whether or not you should commit to doing it?

It's flattering to be approached by an established company. Especially if you're new to fashion blogging and digital influencing, and are developing your own online identity and brand. “The Company” may ask you to lend your images, content or social media space to the promoting of their products. They might even go as far as to suggest you appear in their advertising, host events or created content in exchange for reviewing their products. And while The Company may be willing to shower you will free items (like free clothing for your to wear or extra cosmetics to give away to your followers in contests), it's worth evaluating if this “ambassadorship” is a win-win situation for all parties involved. Is working with The Company as their “brand ambassador” fair to you (and your followers), or is it drastically tipped in The Company's favor?


Over the years, I have been approached by big name companies about opportunities like the ones described above. Most of them have been offering products and/or exposure through their channels, in exchange for my participation. In other words, I would not be receiving monetary compensation for being involved. I value my time and image as a fashion blogger and influencer. Therefore, I closely evaluate these “brand ambassador” proposals that come across my desk, before deciding whether or not I should commit. Spoiler Alert: the ones I take on are few and far between.

If I am offered payment, I consider whether the company is a natural match for myself, my blog and my brand. If yes, then it's an easy decision to make.


And if the answer isn't as clear (or it's an unpaid ambassadorship), I have to consider other factors. How will the ambassadorship benefit my brand in the long run? Are there any benefits for my brand, to be closely tied to this particular company? Doing an unpaid ambassadorship for a high fashion brand is much different than one for a fast fashion apparel company. Will I actually benefit from the exposure the company can provide myself and my blog? Before I can agree (or disagree) to committing to The Company as their brand ambassador, all these questions need to be answered. The bottom line: When in doubt about a brand ambassadorship as a fashion blogger, walk away.

In addition to my thoughts on being a brand ambassador (both paid or unpaid), I gathered some advice from a few fellow bloggers. Check it out below and let us know what your thoughts are on brand ambassadorships in the comments below.

Share with your friends

Give us your opinion
Notification
welcome to my blog hopefully my content can be useful for you.
Done
Education, loan Education, loan