Little Black Tunic & Family - Fashion Dress in The Present
News Update
Loading...

Little Black Tunic & Family


Tunic: Diesel Old But Similar And Cheap!, Trainers: Nike Old But Similar, Clutch: Monsoon Artisan, Watch: Casio Sheen c/o, Bracelets: Nadia Rabosio

I spent all of last week helping at my parents' Bed & Breakfast whilst my Mum was travelling and visiting relatives in Italy. Whilst I was stepping into my Mum's shoes, it hit me how immensely proud I am of the 'home away from home' my parents have built over the last 10 years. So many of their guests return each week/month/year proclaiming their love for my Mum, and Dad's, hospitality. Although I've done it before, every time I take on my Mum's role I am hyper aware of just how much HARD work running a Bed & Breakfast is; respect Mama. 

For me, my favourite moments at the B&B were setting up and serving breakfast - YUM - and seeing the bedrooms made up. Beds tucked in, towels on top, tea and biscuits ready for the guests' arrival; there is such a pleasure in (hopefully!) ensuring a guest's comfortable and pleasurable stay. When I finished my stint as head 'B&B-ress' on Monday, I took the whole day off for some serious pampering  - mani, pedi, shopping - the lot! - and allowed myself a full 'me' day. It is SO important to take rest, something I am especially aware of when owning your own business - it is easy to fall into work even on notional days off. 

Coming back yesterday to a backlog of emails was OK in the knowledge that I had recharged my batteries; and my pretty blue mani tapping away on the keyboard helped! In the evening my sister and her boyfriend visited and we spent a beautiful dinner with this view. 

Right now I feel as if I have two uniforms - writing 'home' wear, and my meetings 'work' wear. I am living in T-shirts, frayed denim shorts, comfortable dresses, trainers and sandals at home; and when it comes to meetings I am making more effort to dress up. This black tunic dress is one which I got before my trip to Calvi On The Rocks festival last year. The shape is divinely loose, allowing for me to work, and potter about feeling totally at ease. I have my eye on this oversized T-shirt dress too.  I massively under packed footwear for my stint at the B&B and was so grateful to slip my feet into my favourite pair of Nikes when I got home. When I'm staying local I tend to carry a clutch rather than a bag as I need so little with me. My Monsoon Artisan embellished number has become a perennial favourite, and I love that it dressed up my 'home wear' a little for dinner. I am getting my hair re-dyed this evening, but I've been playing with loose curls which show off the balayage - a ponytail or 'concentration bun' are my secret weapons for staying focused at my desk!

SHOP


It is good to be back into a normal routine, but I am so grateful to have a family where we can step in and help each other out when we need it. I think that growing up with self-employed parents made me hungry to start my own venture, and I will forever be thankful for their encouragement in the start up stages, through to current developments, with The Elgin Avenue and my ventures. SAME to you guys, thank you from the bottom of my heart for reading, commenting, and being an awesome support - TEA's extended family rocks too!

Who or what inspires you guys? What is your everyday uniform looking like right now? As always, leave a comment and let me know . . . !

Love, 

MB x

Share with your friends

Give us your opinion
Notification
welcome to my blog hopefully my content can be useful for you.
Done
Education, loan Education, loan