Reminder to R&R - Fashion Dress in The Present
News Update
Loading...

Reminder to R&R

some of my favourite relaxing past times 

Migraines - they hurt like a b*tch. This weekend I was hit full pelter. I tried painkillers, sleep, gallons of water, and finally hit the pharmacy after two excruciating days for a dose of “whatever you can give me to make it stop.” Thankfully after four. days. it did, and this morning I woke up with a clear head. 

Nonetheless I’d already booked myself in with an acupuncturist and so kept my appointment today thinking it couldn’t hurt to get a little medical attention. What I discovered was - surprise - I was super tense. Like, super super tense. My neck and back were in knots, something which has happened to me since I was about 17 in times of stress. After an hour of punctures, massage and rolling my head from side to side, I felt lighter and soothed. For the rest of today I’ve been self consciously touching my neck, aware that it’s now supple - something which I haven't felt in weeks. 

I am naturally a worrier, and I try to control it as best as I can, but sometimes it’s like it - the worry - creeps into every space in my head and decides to have a party, stomping on every bit of ‘care free’ I possess. This epic migraine, and the treatment which ensued has served as a reminder to take time to relax. 

We can all be guilty of giving ourselves a hard time. 

Are we doing enough? Are we achieving? Are we being a good this and a good that? It can be exhausting

And, as I've now realised, you know when we’re not good at anything? When we are sick. And stress causes a helluva lot of sicknesses. SO this evening, I wanted to put out a little love to my fellow worriers and attempting-to-overachive-at-the-cost-of-our-health-ers - it is good to relax. Heck it is GREAT to relax. 

So do it, do it right now. Run a bath, do your nails, call a friend. Just do whatever you love to do. Take a breath and chill.

If you are feeling your best, you’ll do your best. 


Read on for three of my favourite things I do for Monica time. 

1. Do my nails. Right now I am crushing on turquoise with a little sparkle.  

2. Go to the cinema. I turn off my phone, buy popcorn and settle in. 

3. Go to bed early. I love to head up an hour or two earlier than normal. I have a shower before, moisturise from top to toe and grab a magazine. No technology. I find my eyes go heavy in about 30 minutes and I sleep like a baby. 

 I'd love to know how you guys de stress, I don't often share personal posts like this so let me know if it's something you guys like. 

Have a lovely relaxing evening all!

Love, 

MB x

Share with your friends

Give us your opinion
Notification
welcome to my blog hopefully my content can be useful for you.
Done
Education, loan Education, loan