Tie Waisted Shirts - Style Chat - Fashion Dress in The Present
News Update
Loading...

Tie Waisted Shirts - Style Chat


Shorts: Zara (Old), Shirt: Vintage but Similar, Tank: Vintage, Bag: Alice & Olivia

When tie waisted shirts started doing the street style rounds, I felt it was a trend which would pass me by. HOWEVER after a couple of seasons of look-but-not-touch-ing, I fell for it. I fell hard. Born of necessity of not wanting to carry a big handbag/do the awkward jumper juggle, but knowing I needed an extra layer, I ended up tie waisting with the best of them and never looking back.
The tie waisted shirt predicates a nonchalant style, best worn in denim, checks or khaki. See girl crush Julie Sarinana for evidence. 

I for one have been rotating a checked shirt and a pale chambray. For the ultimate tie waist, do a couple of buttons up on your shirt before placing around your  waist and tie once. Placement is personal but I like the hips when wearing jeans, and a higher tie if wearing shorts. BONUS - the tie waisted shirt can demure-ify short shorts.

Have you fallen yet?! As always, leave me a comment below! 

Have an awesome day all!

Love, 

MB x

Share with your friends

Give us your opinion
Notification
welcome to my blog hopefully my content can be useful for you.
Done
Education, loan Education, loan