ICE STYLE.....ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Finals 2015/2016 Barcelona: Costumes Recap & Highlights PAIRS and ICE DANCE - Fashion Dress in The Present
News Update
Loading...

ICE STYLE.....ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Finals 2015/2016 Barcelona: Costumes Recap & Highlights PAIRS and ICE DANCE




Pairs and Ice Dance Grand Prix: Costume Collage of Pairs and Ice Dance at the 2015/2016 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Finals Barcelona



This past weekend were the Finals of the 2015/2016 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating which were held in Barcelona Spain. The top skaters in various disciplines competed for the top titles.  I've discussed many of the costumes during this season's Grand Prix series here on my blog. Just go to the "Search" section (on the right of this blog) under "Ice Style" and you'll find them all.






2015/2016 ISU Grand Prix Final Barcelona Spain



So...it's time to recap some of the costumes from the PAIRS and ICE DANCE skaters. I'll do a blog on the LADIES and MEN afterward...



PAIRS------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Top Three Pairs: (L to R) Silver medalists Duhamel and Radford of Canada; Russia's gold medalists Stolbova and Klimov; bronze medalists from Russia Kavaguti and Smirnov--2015/2016 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final Barcelona Spain






Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford Canada: For their Short Program to Your
Song by Elton John, performed by Ewan McGregor
. I loved the bright red
color and the criss-cross gathered draping in her costume's torso. I also liked
that Eric's shirt and tank matched hers and especially his crystal buttons. Oh
and can I add, HOW HOT does Eric look with that five o-clock shadow??!! Welcome
to the beard club darling.





Free Skate to Hometown
Glory by Adele:
 Great multi jeweled neckline piece on Meagan's costume
and I loved the back detail. One word: Exquisite.







Ksenia Stolbova and Fedor Klimov: Short Program (top)
to I Put a Spell on You performed by
Annie Lennox
, I loved their costumes,
especially hers. She wore a black high-neck costume with a exposed side with
sequined side straps. Modern and Skating Chic.




For their Free Skate (lower photo) to Man and Shadow (The Unknown Known soundtrack) by Danny Elfman, Stolbova and Klimov wore these post-modern directional costumes. I liked these costumes,
especially her gathered and criss-cross ribbon look; very modern, very chic,
once again.  





Yuko Kavaguti and Alexander Smirnov: Kavaguti and Smirnov wore these costumes for their Free Skate to Manfred Symphony by Petr I. Tchaikovski. I was more of a fan of HIS costume than hers. I liked his sheer chiffon and sequined top with sexy black pants. But for some reason, her costume looked dated and way too traditional (compared to his). I also wasn't a fan of that neck piece.







Alexa Scimeca and Chris Knierim USA: These are the costumes they wore for their Short Program to Nothing Else Matters by Metallica. These were the prefect costumes to wear for such a program. I liked her studded 80's-like bustier and his outfit, in particular, looked Rocker-Fab! Especially his finger-less leather gloves and studded belt.





ICE DANCE---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Anna Cappellini and Luca Lanotte Italy: For their Short Dance to The Merry Widow by Franz Lehar, they wore these costumes. I thought these were very effective for the music. I liked the gathered tulle detail of her neckline and his "uniform"-like look was very nice.







Free Dance to La Dolce Vita by Nino Rota Soundtrack: I was also a big fan of these costumes. Her black sequined "strapless" costume was very Retro and Glam and I liked the white tulle underskirt. Luca looked sexy and very Hot Italiano in his white tuxedo shirt-and-black pant ensemble.








Madison Chock and
Evan Bates USA:
 Skated
their Short Dance to More by Andrea
Bocelli 
and Unchained Melody by
Il Divo
 in these looks above. I thought that Madison--as always--looked beautiful and so
feminine in this ultramarine blue dress. I liked the intricate gathering and
draping at the torso and how the multicolored sequins were used in strategic
locations. I also liked the contrast color of the underskirt. Evan's tuxedo
with tails was sharp and I appreciated how his pocket hankie was the same color
as Madison's
dress. And I REALLY appreciated him slicking his hair back and at least giving
the impression of being a little more "formal" and fancy.





Free Dance to Concerto No. 2 Adagio by Sergei Rachmaninov and Concerto No. 2 Allegro by Sergei Rachmaninov: I really liked these costumes worn by USA'a Chock and Bates. Her one shoulder ombre shaded dress was pretty and ethereal. But he was really the (Costume) star here with his asymmetrical neckline side draped top. 





Maia and Alex Shibutani USA: For their Short Dance to Coppelia by Leo Delibes, these are the costumes they wore. I was at first a bit surprised at the "Prom Princess"-like look of Maia's pink and sequin costume. But as the routine was being performed, I realized that it was very "Coppelia" a fit the dance perfectly. Alex look great, by the way. I would have liked for his costume to be a bit more "designed", but overall they both looked great.









Kaitlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje Canada: Weaver and Poje skated their Short Dance to "The Blue Danube" and "Annepolka" by Johann Strauss in these gorgeous costumes. These were stupendous. I loved both his and hers. very Luxe and very Skating Couture.





Free Dance to On the Nature of Daylight by Max Richter and Run by Ludovico Einaudi: For their Free Dance at the 2015/2016 ISU Grand Prix Finals, Canada's Weaver and Poje wore these blue-gray ombre draped costumes. I absolutely loved them. This was a costume change from what they wore for the Rostelecom Cup/Cup of Russia:








Rostelecom Cup/Cup of Russia 2015








The new costumes were beautiful, modern, ethereal and drape-gorgeous!





**NEXT UP: The LADIES and MEN Costume HIGHLIGHTS of the 2015/2016 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating 


Share with your friends

Give us your opinion
Notification
welcome to my blog hopefully my content can be useful for you.
Done
Education, loan Education, loan